Thursday, July 7, 2011

Telling my Story...

During my projects for this course, I was quite candid about my struggle with infertility. This is because to me, infertility is such a taboo subject among people - even today. I thought using digital storytelling tools to convey our struggle would not only inspire others, but also be very therapeutic and helpful for me. I wanted to post a blog entry with a poem that I had worked on recently, and I chose for it to be this one:

Lullaby to an Empty Womb

  Never has a child been so loved As you
Unknown to me and yet I do Know you
I’ve written lullabies to sing For you
Unsung yet sung so many times To you
  Where have you gone my precious one?
What has kept you from us so long?
Why don’t you want to hear my song To you? 
The tears we’ve cried, my little one
Cannot be calmed with any song
But I am trying to be strong For you.
Sweet angel please don’t be afraid
Your little cradle has been made
It’s safe to come and sleep
under My heart

I hope that through my blog, my classmates have learned about me, and that I have taught them something about creativity and expression, because they have certain taught me a lot about both of these things, and I want to give back to them in return!

Check out this Youtube video to learn more about infertility. It was done by a friend of mine and was submitted into a video competition for Infertility Awareness. It inspired me to write the poem above, and I hope it inspires you.

No comments:

Post a Comment